Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Oh My How The Gypsy Garden Grows


So here is my first Gypsy Garden almost 2 months after I planted from seed... the front row has collards, the second row has yellow squash, the third row has carrots and the fourth row has cow peas.... I did some harvesting today to remove some leaves that had some damage on them. I continue to use my homemade organic pesticide that I made (chile peppers,garlic and dishawashing soap) and it seems to be working well for me. I was reading in a book the other day that Lady Bugs are a beneficial insect to have in a garden... well I havent seen any as of yet, so I have been doing some research online to see where I can purchase some. They are very inexpensive. You can get like 1,500 lady bugs for 6 bucks! Love It!!! If you are interested in some for yourself just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment